Google My Business is arguably the most essential piece of business marketing for local businesses in this digital age… and it’s FREE so what are you waiting for?
Neglect Google My Business at your business’ peril! If your local business isn’t yet set up on Google My Business then you’re likely to miss out on a lot of potential website traffic, enquiries and footfall to your store or business’ physical location (if it has one).
The incredible rise of the smartphone has meant that today more people than ever are searching for products, businesses and services as and when they need them whilst on the move using their phones. BrightLocal’s consumer research shows that the majority of consumers search for a local business online on a regular basis, with 53% of people searching at least once per month in 2016.
According to Google data, 76% of people who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day and 28% of those searches result in a purchase.
This is excellent news for local businesses as it means there are plenty of opportunities to reach new customers just at the moment when their buying intent is at its highest.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is like the new yellow pages. Register your local business with Google My Business to receive a free local business listing and profile that will appear above web search results and on Google Maps in both desktop and mobile search results.
Here is an example of how Google My Business listings appear in local search results:
When viewed on Google Maps, Google My Business listings and profiles appear as shown below:
When filled out fully your Google My Business profile will provide potential customers with all kinds of useful business information including contact details, photos, a map showing your location, reviews, company information, opening hours and videos.
8 Reasons why Google My Business is invaluable to your business
- Easier to appear higher on Google – Google My Business results appear in the local search results above all normal web results.
- Gives you the edge over local competitors who aren’t yet on it.
- Appear on Google Maps – Your Google My Business listing will appear on Google Maps making it easy for people in the area to find you.
- Reach people searching with high buying intent – Your Google My Business listing has the potential to reach a huge number of new customers just at the moment when they’re looking for services like yours.
- Potential to get your website ranking higher on Google – Your business website is likely to also feel the benefit of you claiming your Places listing.
- Free online marketing – Google is the new Yellow Pages. Being listed in Google My Business makes your business more accessible to people when they’re looking for products or services like yours.
- Build your brand – Take your time to fill out your Google My Business listing properly using professional imagery and carefully considered content to further build your brand online.
- Easy to manage and edit from anywhere.
How to get started
You can claim your free Google My Business listing by signing in using your Google Logins (or registering with Google if you don’t yet have an account) and then creating your business listing with Google My Business here.
Need some help with Google My Business?
Want to find out more about how to set up and optimize your Google My Business listing? Give us a call on 0800 285 1424 to speak with one of our experts.